1/4 - Clifford Bevan has recently published the Encyclopedia of British Amateur Bands: Their Music, Composers, Conductors, Soloists and Patrons 1790-1914 along with an Addendum 1914-1919
. It is published by Piccolo Press in printed and digital CD forms
. The work is comprised of 6 sections.
1. Directory of British bands before 1914
2. Biographies of band arrangers, composers, bandmaster, conductors, patrons, players up to 1919.
3. Works for brass band published before 1914 (Title order)
4. Works for brass band published before 1914 (Composer order)
5. Directory of organisations and enterprises supporting bands before 1914
Appendix 1. Band musicians as amateurs
Appendix 2. Comparative wealth at death
Appendix 3. The Boosey family
Appendix 4. Calendar of band events 1790-1914 showing varied activities